Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome to My Personal Blog


I have been regularly keeping up with my store's blog, which has been very enjoyable, if not a bit challenging thinking of things to post that would be of interest to my customers. I have also hesitated to put anything of my own personal artwork on it, as I feel a bit shy - or maybe inappropriate - mixing business and pleasure (even though in my lucky world they are connected!)


I kept a personal blog sporadically in the past called but I feel like I have outgrown it - that it doesn't represent me as much. So I chose to start again. I actually started after returned from Art and Soul in Hampton, VA last May. So inspired to create my own art and be less afraid to share it. Looking back I only posted once and then life got in the way and the store came into my life. Fast forward almost a year and I am back.

I have signed up for an online class with Pam Carriker, whose artwork has always inspired me. It is called Journal 365 and it lasts for a whole year. I am trying to motivated myself to stick with a project long term (not an easy feat). I am also in the middle of participated in not one but two fatbook swaps for the upcoming Art and Soul retreat. Thus I decided to create a space where I could post my personal work and connect with others like me, without mixing too much personal with the wonderful goings on at Three Crafty Ladies. Of course everyone is invited to read both!

So I begin my journey again, super charged creatively and hoping that I will stick with the online class and this blog. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment