Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Looks Can be Deceiving

When it comes to just how much fabric it takes to open up a new fabric, quilting, and sewing shop, looks can be truly be deceiving! The boxes have been arriving and stacking up - Hoffman, Moda, Timeless Treasures, Westminster. Lots of top quality bolts freshly rolled and still in plastic. I unpacked them lovingly and arranged them - albeit temporarily - to try to determine the most appealing merchandise layout. When all the boxes were unpacked, broken down, and taken out the the trash, I looked around to what still looks like a fairly empty shop! Oy! I immediately ran home to my file to see what was on order. Fortunately there is still quite a bit coming in, including the whole line of Moda puzzle pieces (a rainbow of basic prints - yummy!). The notions and books should arrive later this week. I got the permit from the city (thanks to the ladies in the zoning and business licensing - so friendly and helpful! I am getting so excited to open! The response from everyone seems very positive. Need to take photos for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment