Thursday, February 24, 2011

Block Addiction

I love trying new crafts and new patterns, so participating in various block swaps are a great way to indulge. One of my quilt guilds has a block of the month - make one (or more) blocks with their pattern of that month and get a ticket for a chance at the drawing to win all of the blocks.

Flickr has a bunch of virtual quilting bees which can be addicting. I finished the two mug rug swaps but am still enjoying the block bees. One of my favorites is the Modern Stash bee where two members each month choose a pattern and color scheme and we make and send them the blocks.

This is a Liberated Churn Dash done in pinks. We were given a link to a tutorial and it was so much fun to make!

The second block this month was done in Spring colors. We had a link to a bunch of fun pinwheel tutorials to choose from. The ladies end up with a dozen blocks - how great will they all look together?!

The side result of the many blocks I try? I am amassing a stack of orphan blocks!
What do you do with your orphan blocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment