Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello Kitty Cake!

Most of my 'mom' friends are not artsy or crafty - or so they think! They don't like to admit it perhaps, or their inner critic is very powerful (mine still is - I described myself as a closet artist that hasn't come out yet to someone this week).
I like to think that my artsy self encourages and allows my friends to embrace their creativity. A group of friends celebrated my birthday a bit early today and the hostess created the most fantastic cake for me! Hello Kitty!!!

She has always been into cooking and baking, which I consider an art or craft, and has been taking some cake decorating classes. She created the topping with chocolate fondant, gum past balls and royal icing kitty that she made in advance. The letters were cut out of fondant with little cookie cutters. How awesomely cute is this? And even better? It was chocolate red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment