Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Personal Endeavor for 2014

I have had this blog for several years, and for the last two it has laid dormant and neglected. It's not that I have disappeared from the face of the blogosphere, it has just been that I have parked myself on my shop site. Much has happened in that time frame, including the growth of StitchCraft, my shop in Boca Raton and subsequent website. It has been a fun and exciting time. Mix that with a family (two teenage boys) four dogs, a few health issues thrown in for good measure, and I am amazed that I was able to accomplish what I did! Every morning during my thinking time (aka time spent in the bathroom getting ready to go out into public) I think about writing. I try to art journal as much as I can, as I love it. Art journaling is an outlet for creative freedom. I can be as simply, doodle-y or detailed as I choose. I think about profound and interesting topics that I would like to write about. I often scribble them in a journal (or on a Post-it) just so I don't forget it. I think about writing a personal blog again, as I don't want to mix personal thoughts and non-sewing and quilting related topics in with the StitchCraft blog. Not that some my wonderful customers and friends wouldn't want to read it, just not everyone would and I want and need to keep it relevant. SO I hunted down my password for this blog and plan to resurrect it.
My editing of photos and skills for coding and prettying-up a blog are lacking, but I like to think my thoughts and writing aren't too bad. I hope to share some of the work that I do in the mixed media world, along with the fabric world. I do get to visit some pretty cool shows and take some interesting trips where I visit some fabulous shops, restaurants, markets, classes, and more. I will throw in a few dog photos because I can. It's my personal blog after all! Thanks for stopping by - hoping to see you again soon. Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment