Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolution 2014

Not going to resolve to lose weight. Not going to resolve to exercise more (that just won't happen). Not going to resolve to take more time for me (not going to happen either.) 
  I resolve to learn new 
creative techniques in 2014.

I think this is a reasonable and attainable goal, as I have already committee to taking some classes (non-refundable deposits) from some teachers that I am really excited about.  The artwork above is from the talented D.J. Pettitt, who will be teaching a three day workshop at Everything Scrapbook and Stamps in Lake Worth, Florida.  I am looking forward to this mixed-media workshop, that will combine book arts, painting, and all kinds of techniques.  Before this April class, I will take a class with quilt star Cindy Blackberg.  She is well known for her hand-piecing techniques.  Hope to get some fabric dying classes in at some point, and I met a nice artist at the shop today who teaches private encaustic classes.  Hmmm.  While the classes mentioned seem to be at polar opposites of the creative spectrum, I am addicted to all types are arts and crafts and like to experience it ALL!  Some things I will never try again (acid dying of wool - best done in a classroom outside of my house!) and some I will take and incorporate into my mix.  Finding out there are so many creative peeps in Florida - who knows what opportunities may come my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment